Another working house fire...
500 Cartwright Lane
Saturday, January 23, 2010

Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 133
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 104
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 90
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 100
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 96
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 95
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 96
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 104
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 101
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 97
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 101
Photo By: J. Luckett
Views: 101
Displaying 1-12 of 12 Pictures

On 01/23/10 at 1633 hours Stations 700, 600 (Greensboro) and 56 (Marydel) were alerted for a working house fire at 500 Cartwright Lane in the center of The Hub. The incident was discovered and radioed in to Caroline Communications by Deputy Chief Bryan Cahall (716), who was passing by in his POV. Investigation revealed a small fire in the boiler room area of the 2 story residence, which was being fought by the homeowner using a garden hose and a fire extinguisher. The fire managed to spread to an interior wall and floor of the first floor bathroom before being quickly contained by the crew from Engine 703 (717-D. Wothers). The situation was placed under control and the volunteers from the three companies worked for approximately 1 1/2 hours before clearing the scene.


Story By: Ron Dixon